Monday, November 24, 2008

A TIME TO GIVE THANKS

Last night, I had the opportunity to attend a "Holiday Devotional" for all temple workers from the Mesa Arizona Temple. We each received a program that included a heartfelt message from our Temple Presidency. I wanted to share a few thoughts on thankfulness with you:

"It is our hope that each of us can deepen our feelings of gratitude during the Holiday Season. You will remember that President Hinckley, in his address to the youth of the Church in November of 2000 listed, 'Be Grateful' as the first of his 'Six Bs'.

President McKay taught: 'Gratitude is deeper than thanks. Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.'

Your kindness, love and caring for those who come to the temple is a wonderful example of your gratitude.

The Lord has counseled: 'Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things.' (D&C 59:7) This would include not just good things, but also difficult things in our life. When we come to the temple, even in difficult times, we find a 'place of thanksgiving for my saints.' (D&C 97:13) May the temple always provide for us feelings of thankfulness and gratitude.

Thankfulness becomes gratitude as we recognize, with love and appreciation, that the source of all our blessings is our Father in Heaven. His greatest gift to us was allowing His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to come to earth and to effectuate His eternal plan through the atonement. This precious gift of the atonement gives purpose and meaning to all that we do."

I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to serve in the Mesa Arizona Temple and to work with such wonderful brothers and sisters each week. I am very thankful for the multitude of blessings that I experience in my life each and everyday. They are too numerous to name at this time, but one of the most important blessings I have in my life are my family members. May each and every one of you that take the time to read this blog know how much I love you and appreciate having you as part of my earthly family.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW Sounds like it was an AMAZING devotional! I Love your scriptures & quotes!

I am SO THANKFUL & GRATEFUL to have you as my Mom! I love that you are always there for me when I need you and you're so sweet & always thoughtful & considerate! Thank you for all that you do! You're the BEST Mom!!!

xoxo
Love you, Andrea♥

MERRIANNE said...

What a great devotional! ♥ I hope you all have a VERY VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Eat some turkey for me :) and if you make those Fabulous Chocolate Crinkles.... eat about 50 of them for me, too!!!! ♥

Andrea said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

LOVE YOU ALWAYS!!!

~*~Andrea~*~

♥♥♥♥♥♥