Saturday, November 29, 2008

HOLIDAY "GOODIES"

The holiday time is always a great time to share cool, new recipes. I have one that I put away "to save" several years ago. It has all of the stuff in it that I like and thought it would be really good. I will probably try it in the next few weeks, but wanted to give ya'll the opportunity to try something yummy:

CHOCOLATE CHIP TREASURE COOKIES

1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/2 Cup All-purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 (14 oz.)can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
1 (3 1/2 oz.) can Flaked Coconut (1 1/2 cups)
1 (12 oz.) pkg. Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (2 cups)
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts


Heat oven to 375 degrees. In small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, flour, and baking powder. In large mixer bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk and butter until smooth. Add graham cracker crumb mixture; mix well. Stir in coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons unto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Store loosely covered at room temperature.


Let me know if you make them before I do. ENJOY!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Mmmmm those sound good! They may be like the *layer* bars but all mixed together in a cookie! Can't wait to try those. I do get to try them, right? :)

I LOVE being the *tester*

Carol Call said...

Yummmmmmmmm. I'd better try these!